Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday the 13th, December 2019 - NEW CHEMO

New Chemo Cocktail Time
(CMF - Cyclophosphamide, Methotrexate, and 5 Fluorouracil (also known as 5FU))

Took the wife to start her new chemo on Tuesday. Dr wants to add a 4th drug to the cocktail, but he needs to fight the insurance company so that drug will be added down the line.

It did not go well.....she threw up for 24+ hours after the chemo....could not eat, could not take any of her meds as she would throw up almost instantly after ingesting anything even the smallest amount of water. Finally she agreed to let me take her in for fluids and iv anti-nausea 2 days after chemo.....ended up leaving the house over an hour early as she started going south fast. Got her there and 5 nurses surrounded us and took care of my girl (LOVE OUR ONCOLOGY NURSES)!!!

She's still miserable and nausea is still bad, but she has been able to take her meds and eat VERY small meals VERY slowly (as in 1 to 2 spoons worth of food at a time only). Sipping water when she can.

I'm stressed beyond belief & exhausted...so much to do this weekend, but I will get it done and hope she gets some good rest while I'm out shopping, doing laundry, taking dog to the vet, etc...

I'm kind of coming apart at the seams....but I keep on going....what else can I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment