Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taking the Good with the Bad - Bullet Point Tuesday

The Medical stuff.....

  • Nausea on new chemotherapy better.
  • Neuropathy in hands and feet worse
  • Medication for the neuropathy side effect, not bad....not great either
  • Next chemo. Friday (6 more weeks)

On My Mind - Perspective Change

  • Worried about the neuropathy
  • Worried and stressed about everything....kind of on edge all the time
  • Tina's Benefit is coming up....nervous
  • Surgery will most likely be early December...sitting in that waiting room is not fun....dreading that.
  • Then Radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks......worried about how well T will handle that...it's supposed to be brutal.....and how will I handle watching her suffer even more....breaks my heart now.
  • I'm seeing people and things in my life in a whole new light and realizing who and what is worth it, and who and what isn't. A few surprises I didn't expect...some good....some bad....better to know these things now and use the info. to make the most of life....and instead of wasting time on "good time" friends.....enjoying the company and being there for those that are there for me all the time. 
  • My little core of friends rules, most especially my friend K8T, I love you like a sister...thanks so very much for letting me vent while we crack a few beers open, and making me laugh when I need to the most. 
I'm tired, so good night everyone.

PS
I may not be the best cook, but I made a killer Pasta Primavera tonight.....so proud of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Not that I know, but I thought radiation was supposed to be easier than Chemo. I sure hope so. Good luck and good vibes coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Cocozza PenninoNovember 10, 2010 at 3:51 PM

    Tina and Katerina..

    I just found out today about Tina's cancer. I am beyond words and heartsick over the situation. What can I do to help? Primarily I need to figure out a way to raise money for Tina. Please keep me in touch.

    With love,
    Susan Cocozza Pennino

    ReplyDelete