Wednesday, January 12, 2011

United HealthCare Doesn't Care about Cancer Patients (Part 2)

...and the battle continues....made a teeny weeny amount of headway today.

I got the Office of the Patient Advocate of CT involved and she and I both called the head of HR at T's employer's corporate office, he got his staff involved and we got a big-shot at UHC care involved.

I got....completed...... and scanned a ton of documents and emailed them all over the place, and tomorrow I'm going to Staples so I can fax a questionnaire to all of  T's doctors asking them to complete it, fax it to the big shot at UHC and then mail it to the regular PO Box Addy on the form.

...then I will let the HealthCare Advocate, and everyone else I got involved know that I did that...

....then I will hold my breath and hope they pay the damn bills!!!!!

I am beyond disgusted with United HealthCare. They KNOW this is not pre-existing, and still they try and get away with not paying.

I feel helpless.....even as I try to help my wife save her own life and get the medical care she needs to survive, UHC is trying to get away with trying to deny her this, but they have no problem taking her money for this "insurance coverage".....what coverage?

I am just beside myself.....i sit and think in a daze for hours.........helpless, hopeful, doing what little I can.

If this continues to affect her care further, I will file the biggest most public lawsuit her employer or UHC has ever seen!

Why can't they just do the right thing? Why is this a battle? Isn't finding out about the cancer and dealing with all of that enough? REALLY?!?!?

This is their last chance to do the right thing.....and they better move fast.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I just find this repulsive. This is the shit Republicans love to see happening. The hunt for the almighty dollar taking priority over the lives of human beings.

    I'm so. So. So. Sorry you guys are going through this. I wish there were something could do. For what it's worth, I'm here... feel free to vent and scream in this direction whenever you need to.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't about Republicans. United Health Care only cares about money. . And for the record, I am not a Republican.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not about Republicans. It's about something unjust happening.

    They are just the ones that created this blood money culture we live in.

    They are the ones fought - and continue to fight - the health care bill that addresses this very issue.

    Less money lining their pockets.

    But hey, far be it for me to call a spade a spade.

    Anyway -- my love to you both. See you tomorrow night! :)

    ReplyDelete