Monday, August 9, 2010

Some Answers....More Questions....more tests

Overwhelmed to say the least.

The Cancer in her Right breast and right lymph nodes we knew about. There is also cancer in the lymph nodes near her collar bone on the right ride.

The scary unknowns right now are a few nodes in one of her lungs, which are suspicious for cancer and lesions on her liver which may or may not be anything......Ultrasound and Pet Scan to rule those out.

Oh and a possible cyst on her ovary which is a nothing.

Either way the treatment will be the same.....

  • Tests 1st
  • Consult with Oncologist
  • Port-o-cath surgically implanted over her good breast to administer the chemo and stuff next week.
  • Chemo for 4 to 6 months
  • Surgery to remove just the big lump, the lymph nodes under her arm, and reconstruction all at once.
  • Radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks after that to make sure it's gone.

Her hair will probably fall out after the 2nd treatment so we may be going for the GI Jane hair cut sooner rather then later....eyebrows and eyelashes may or may not fall out as well.

Oddly I'm able to keep it together in her presence, as always i will fall apart tomorrow when she leaves for work....but I have so much to do.

My unemployment may or may not continue after I call them tomorrow, although I think it will continue until I find a job or it runs out in July of next summer....thankfully we have many friends and family who can pick up and take her to doctors if/when I am working.

So stressed out I can hardly deal with every day life, but I must. I wish I had the money to be able to stay home and take care of her for this whole next year, but unless lotto comes out (LOL) or Bill Gates becomes my new best friend.....such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment